Campus Strategic Framework, 2009–2014
Read about progress achieved during the fifth year of our five-year strategic framework.
The University of Wisconsin–Madison will be a model public university in the 21st century, serving as a resource to the public and working to enhance the quality of life in the state, the nation, and the world. The university will remain a preeminent center for discovery, learning, and engagement by opening new forms of access to citizens from every background; creating a welcoming, empowered, and inclusive community; and preparing current and future generations to live satisfying, useful, and ethical lives. In partnership with the state and with colleagues around the world, the university’s faculty, staff, and students will identify and address many of the state’s and the world’s most urgent and complex problems.
Our Strategic Priorities
- Provide an exemplary undergraduate education
- Reinvigorate the Wisconsin Idea and renew our commitment to our public mission
- Invest in scholarly domains in which we have existing or potential strength and impact
- Recruit and retain the best faculty and staff, and reward merit
- Enhance diversity in order to ensure excellence in education and research
- Be responsible stewards of our resources
- Our Guiding Principles
- Strategic Priorities and Initiatives
- Strategic Framework (PDF)
- Cross-Campus Initiatives to Advance Our Strategic Priorities
- Schools, Colleges and Units’ Strategic Plans
- School/College Alignment with Campus Priorities (PDF)
- Reaccreditation Project
- Past Campus Strategic Plans
Executing our Priorities
Laying the Groundwork
Do you have a comment or question about the new Campus Strategic Framework? Contact us.